As a Fair-Trade Establishment, it is our mission to support artisans in developing countries around the world by purchasing their products and creating a market for their items. We have a retail store, online store and a new location in Saugatuck MI. Our sister company Lucia’s Imports is a wholesale fair trade company. We are looking for a warehouse staff, retail assistant and an assistant manager to join our dynamic team. We are looking for someone who is energetic, outgoing, and is passionate about our fair-trade mission. If you are looking for a meaningful job that makes a difference in the world, please send us your resume to email@example.com.
- Work weekdays and some Saturdays, Sunday possibly some evenings for special events
- Full time is 9:55 AM to 6:15 PM with a 30-minute lunch break. Part time position is flexible hours
- Interest in and commitment to the mission of Lucia’s World Emporium and Lucia’s Imports.
- Experience in retail sales with knowledge of fair trade organizations.
- Interest in meeting the public and relating to customers.
- Educate customers on fair trade while approaching customer service in a highly energetic way.
- Experience in a Point of Sale system.
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively as a member of the team with the store team and management.
- Social Media skills
- Graphic Design and Photography skills a plus
- Digital Marketing skills a plus
- Experience in Excel a plus
The sales associate is responsible for basic daily operations of the store as assigned by the store manager.
- Open and close the store, handle sales and customer service, follow procedures set by the store manager.
- Show the customer that they are the top priority at Lucia’s World Emporium. Model the components of excellent customer service.
- Develop a working knowledge of the mission of Lucia’s World Emporium and Lucia’s Imports, the products sold and the artisans who have made them; share educational materials with staff and customers.
- Maintain positive, clear interactions with customers, other employees and customers.
- Process inventory shipments including pricing, steaming, hanging, and setting displays in the store.
- Keep the store clean and tidy.
- Maintain a neat and professional personal appearance including wearing clothing appropriate to Lucia’s mission, values and aesthetics.
- Bimonthly newsletter both for retail store and wholesales.
- Daily Social Media posts to increase traffic
- Ideas for and implement a plan to partner with local nonprofits for shop nights
- Promote online sales
- Maintain Rewards program and email list
- Create marketing materials for the store (fliers, info cards, posters)
- Maintain a welcoming atmosphere (outside appearance, Mannequins, displays, create displays and promote new items)
- Goals: Increase Sales, conversion rate and traffic thru social media promotion
- Experience in retail sales
- Self-motivated, outgoing, energetic, and enjoys working with people.
- Capability and willingness to carry out all duties in a careful and responsible manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential; social media skills, word processing, spreadsheets, and e-mail skills are very helpful.
- Graphic Design and Web marketing a plus
- Excellent leadership, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to execute multiple tasks and changing priorities while simultaneously maintaining awareness for details.
- Enthusiastic support of and commitment to Lucia’s mission and its goals
- Physical Requirements
- Ability to be mobile on sales floor for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and move up to 75 lbs, utilizing appropriate equipment, assistance and safety techniques.
- Eligibility to be employed in the United States of America
To apply please send your resume and available hours to Teresa Hendricks at firstname.lastname@example.org.